Gel nails are a miraculous innovation that produce neat, attractive, and clean-looking nails and hands. If you've never had a gel nail treatment before, you're in for a treat. Gel nails are the perfect solution for chipped, weak, or flaking nails, and an opportunity to get that intricate design or bright polish colour you've always wanted. From the experts at The Nail Pro, here's everything you need to know about gel nails:
What Are Gel Nails?
Like with a standard manicure, gel nails are applied to the nail with a small brush. Gel nails are made with a mixture of monomer and polymer, which is safe and non-toxic. Each coat is cured under a high-powered LED lamp or, like a The Nail Pro, under a UV lamp for two to three minutes. Several coats are applied until the gel nail is to the client's satisfaction. To add a finish, a high-quality topcoat is added at the end. This layer is also cured under the UV lamp. Finally, the nail is wiped with a cleanser to remove any stray gel or colour.
What Are the Benefits of Gel Nails?
- Unlike standard manicures, which are susceptible to scratches and dents even after you leave the salon, gel nails are dry as soon as the manicure is complete. You can root for car keys in your purse, go for a swim, or get changed without the fear of damage.
- Gel nails are strong and durable, and won't crack or chip, like regular nail polish.
- Some people shy away from professional manicures because they worry the polish and coating will produce a chemically smell. Fortunately, gel nails are scentless.
- Gel nails can last for up to three weeks. Their shiny and hard surface gives your polish a fresh and clean look, whether it's their first day or their last.
- Due to their robust surface and long-lasting surface, gel nails are available in a variety of vibrant colours and designs.
- Unlike some fake nails, which feel unnatural, gel nails are easy to get used to, and feel like a longer, more solid version of your natural nails.
- Gel nails can help repair and restore cracked or weakened fingernails. When gel nails are applied to normal nails, they can enhance durability and strength.
Gel Nail Treatments Offered at The Nail Pro
At The Nail Pro, we offer a variety of top-quality gel nail treatments, including:
- UV gel
- UV gel overlay
- solar gel
- solar gel overlay
- seaweed gel
- seaweed gel overlay
- pink and white gel
To learn more about how you can benefit from a gel nail treatment, get in touch with our expert staff today at The Nail Pro. Enjoy massage chairs, a relaxing environment, and friendly staff at our Ajax salon.